1981-11-03 Fagins, Manchester, England, UK/Source 1
A great sounding, complete audience recording. Most of the recording is of unknown lineage. The last track is sourced from a tape copy of the vinyl bootleg New Mode. This bootleg was later repressed on a CD bootleg The 19th Strike, but it seems that the transfer used for the bootleg was poor as the recording is very noisy and clipping was introduced. My tape transfer is free of clipping and is somewhat less noisy, but still lacks dynamic range compared to the rest of the recording. I retained and restored as much audience noise as possible between the last two tracks, but there are still a couple gaps. No music is lost.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:07] Play Any Second Now
- [3:28] Play Photographic
- [3:10] Play Nodisco
- [4:08] Play New Life
- [3:29] Play Puppets
- [3:53] Play Ice Machine
- [4:09] Play Big Muff
- [2:09] Play I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
- [3:02] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- [3:53] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [2:46] Play Boys Say Go!
- [4:27] Play What's Your Name?
- [5:54] Play Television Set
- [3:50] Play Dreaming Of Me
- Total time: 51:24
- Lineage: unknown (tape source, unknown generation) -> unknown transfer -> FLAC -> in Adobe Audition CC 2014.2: automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, Dreaming Of Me merged into recording -> WAV (16/44) -> tracks split using Audacity 2.0.6 -> FLAC level 8 (16/44)
- Lineage for Dreaming Of Me: New Mode vinyl bootleg -> unknown transfer -> Maxell XL-II 90 high position cassette -> Nakamichi Cassette Deck One with fresh belts & upgraded capstan motor, deck cleaned before transferring this tape, tape wound & rewound before transferring, azimuth optimized -> Monoprice heavy-duty RCA to 3.5mm cable -> ASUS Xonar DX sound card -> Adobe Audition CC 2014.2 (32-bit / 96 khz), automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed
- auCDTectTaskManager log and cassette tape photos included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 248MB