1982-03-05 Rockola, Madrid, Spain/Source 1
A good audience recording. For some reason, this one doesn't seem to circulate widely, but 36 years is long enough. I am told that this is a second generation copy. Fairly loud crowd around the taper, and there's some distortion overall, with some songs more affected than others. It seems to be a mostly complete recording, only the very beginning of Shout is missing. It's hard to place the tape flip, as no music seems to be missing otherwise. The gaps after What's Your Name? and Dreaming Of Me are a bit odd, so perhaps there were flips / cuts there. I applied speed correction since the recording played quite noticeably slow, and a DC offset was corrected.
If anybody knows who the taper might be or has a similar sounding copy on tape, please let me know.
Five tracks and an interview from the next night at this venue were broadcast over FM, and a decent recording is available: 1982-03-06 Rockola, Madrid, Spain/Source 1
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:03] Play Shout
- [2:18] Play I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
- [2:44] Play Boys Say Go!
- [3:31] Play Puppets
- [4:14] Play See You
- [4:13] Play Big Muff
- [3:21] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [3:47] Play Ice Machine
- [4:04] Play New Life
- [3:11] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- [3:07] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [3:47] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [2:44] Play What's Your Name?
- [4:45] Play Photographic
- [3:42] Play Dreaming Of Me
- [2:16] Play I Like It
- Total time: 55:47
- unknown taper and equipment -> second generation cassette -> unknown transfer -> FLAC -> in Audacity 2.3.0: normalized to -3.0dB and DC offset removed, sped up 3.0%, normalized to -0.1dB, track splits -> FLAC level 8
- auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 343.07MB