1983-12-15 Sartory Saal, Cologne, Germany/Source 1
A very good audience recording, fairly clear throughout. There were constant pops and clicks which were able to be reduced significantly. Automatic phase correction fixed the stereo balance, but in my opinion the noise reduction I used when I originally transferred this recording in early 2013 was excessive. However, it does not sound like it harms the audio significantly, so perhaps it is not so terrible.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [5:24] Play Everything Counts
- [3:50] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [4:33] Play Two Minute Warning
- [4:21] Play Shame
- [4:11] Play See You
- [3:24] Play Get The Balance Right
- [4:38] Play Love In Itself
- [5:33] Play Pipeline (*)
- [5:18] Play The Landscape Is Changing
- [4:42] Play And Then...
- [3:47] Play Photographic
- [4:50] Play Told You So
- [4:16] Play New Life
- [6:06] Play More Than A Party
- [3:14] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [6:08] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [2:48] Play Boys Say Go!
- Total time: 1:17:03
- unknown taper and equipment -> ... -> cassette (Maxell UR-90) -> Onkyo TA-2055 tape deck (heads cleaned before transferring; normal position, no noise reduction setting, output level at 7 out of 11) -> RCA to 3.5mm cable -> ASUS Xonar DX -> Adobe Audition CS6 (32-bit / 192 khz) -> automatic click remover (heavy reduction), noise reduction (75% 18dB), automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible) -> WAV (32/48; 100% quality & pre/post filter during sample rate conversion) -> slowed down 5% using Audacity 2.0.2 -> WAV (32/48) -> tracks split via cuesheet to FLAC level 8
- Cassette tape photos included
- Transfer & mastering: DMLiveWiki
- Many thanks to stefler for generously shipping me this cassette.
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 396MB