1983-12-20 Stadthalle, Bremen, Germany/Source 1
A decent audience recording. Bass is boomy. The beginning of Everything Counts is missing, And Then... is missing about 40 seconds from the end of the song, and Photographic is missing about half the song and fades in due to tape flip. There are a couple of insanely loud segments during The Landscape Is Changing so I could normalize the recording properly, but keep in mind they become very loud and distorted, so watch your ears! I speed corrected the recording - both halves had different speed correction requirements, so please note that the speed-correction results may not be perfect. Love In Itself had a lot of light clicks I manually auto-healed, but later on toward the end of New Life through Just Can't Get Enough, there are a lot of crackles in the left channel. I applied heavy automatic click reduction to reduce this somewhat, but I'm not going to auto-heal every single crackle because that will take too much time for an audience recording that is not above average quality. Note that Boys Say Go! is significantly noisier than the rest of the recording for some reason. Also, Dave introduces the band before Boys Say Go!, something I haven't heard before on such an early recording, so I tracked the song early to include that. It can be a bit hard to understand though due to the extreme amount of noise.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:52] Play Everything Counts
- [3:43] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [4:38] Play Two Minute Warning
- [4:18] Play Shame
- [4:07] Play See You
- [3:22] Play Get The Balance Right
- [4:33] Play Love In Itself
- [5:25] Play Pipeline (*)
- [5:05] Play The Landscape Is Changing
- [3:41] Play And Then...
- [2:54] Play Photographic
- [4:47] Play Told You So
- [4:07] Play New Life
- [6:28] Play More Than A Party
- [3:14] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [6:30] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [3:37] Play Boys Say Go!
- Total time: 1:15:23
- unknown taper and equipment -> unknown generation -> unknown transfer -> FLAC -> in Adobe Audition CC 2015: Everything Counts through The Landscape Is Changing sped up 1.5%, Photographic forward slowed down 3.5%, hard limited insanely loud segments of The Landscape Is Changing (bad automatic gain control on tape recorder?), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, manually auto-healed 135 light clicks towards the end of Love In Itself, automatic click removal (heavy reduction) on end of New Life through Just Can't Get Enough (left channel only) to remove the majority of clicks -> WAV -> tracked in Audacity 2.1.1 -> FLAC level 8 tracks
- Thanks to VT (tv449) and wb_spb for providing this new source.
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 437MB