1983-12-23 Musikhalle, Hamburg, Germany/Source 2
A poor audience recording, very muffled with distorted bass and a hissy right channel. This source uses a tape transfer contributed by K.H.; the audio source is the same as Source 1, but is not subject to harsh noise reduction. Source 1 is actually clearer sounding than this version, but Source 1 has very harsh noise reduction applied and has many artifacts and squelching noises audible as a result. I would prefer to listen to this muffled version without the destructive noise reduction applied, but of course I leave the decision to you as to which one you prefer.
The beginning of Everything Counts is missing and the track fades-in, and the ending of The Landscape Is Changing and the beginning and ending of And Then... is missing. Dave gives a small speech before The Meaning Of Love, but it is difficult to make out due to the poor quality of the recording. This source has about one minute more of The Landscape Is Changing compared to Source 1, plus more audience noise between Just Can't Get Enough and Boys Say Go! where Dave asks "Who's gonna introduce it then? Come on!".
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [5:42] Play Everything Counts
- [3:45] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [4:40] Play Two Minute Warning
- [4:12] Play Shame
- [4:06] Play See You
- [3:21] Play Get The Balance Right
- [4:33] Play Love In Itself
- [5:32] Play Pipeline (*)
- [4:33] Play The Landscape Is Changing
- [4:32] Play And Then...
- [4:22] Play Photographic
- [4:49] Play Told You So
- [4:08] Play New Life
- [6:03] Play More Than A Party
- [3:10] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [4:51] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [2:58] Play Boys Say Go!
- Total time: 1:15:17
- unknown taper and equipment -> unknown generation cassette -> unknown transfer (performed by K.H.) -> FLAC -> in Adobe Audition CC 2015: normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, slowed down 4.0% -> WAV -> tracked in Audacity 2.1.1 -> FLAC level 8
- Thanks to K.H., VT (tv449), and wb_spb for providing this new source.
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 393MB