1984-03-06 Orfeo Music Hall, Milan, Italy/Source 1
A very good audience recording, probably one of the best from the 1983-1984 Construction Time Again Tour. The recording starts out a little muffled, but by the middle of Now, This Is Fun, it clears up quite a bit and sounds noticeably clearer. The last couple seconds of The Landscape Is Changing and the first few seconds of And Then... are missing due to tape flip, but otherwise this is a complete recording.
This audience recording was broadcast on the independent FM radio station Radio Popolare. This recording has also been released on a couple silver CD bootlegs, namely "Hysterika" and "On The Crest Of A Wave".
This torrent's version is directly from 38f's master tape, which was shared on DIME back in 2007. I speed corrected it and applied automatic phase correction to correct stereo balance. Some dynamic range was also created, which was a nice bonus side effect. I also removed a small section of duplicated audio at the beginning of "Photographic". Maybe 38f can fill in some of the missing lineage details, if he still visits DIME or happens upon this wiki page?
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [5:53] Play Everything Counts
- [3:42] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [4:33] Play Two Minute Warning
- [4:18] Play Shame
- [4:00] Play See You
- [3:18] Play Get The Balance Right
- [4:34] Play Love In Itself
- [4:01] Play Big Muff
- [4:56] Play The Landscape Is Changing
- [4:30] Play And Then...
- [4:14] Play Photographic
- [4:40] Play Told You So
- [4:24] Play New Life
- [4:38] Play More Than A Party
- [4:16] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [4:50] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [3:24] Play Boys Say Go!
- Total time: 1:14:11
- Master cassette (unknown type) -> Nakamichi cassette deck (unknown model) -> Behringer ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 audio equalizer -> amplifiers -> Tascam CDRW750 -> CD-R -> PlexTool Professional XL -> WAV -> FLAC level 8 -> in Adobe Audition CC 2014.2: slowed down 2.75% (iZotope method), automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> FLAC level 8
- Taper: 38f
- Thanks to 38f for taping & sharing his master, and to Giacomo & Vince for ensuring quality after my rework.
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 510MB