1984-10-13 Odeon, Birmingham, England, UK/Source 1
A very good audience recording, although it has fairly objectionable hiss. Still, I feel it's overall better sounding than the previous lossless version shared by Wiecor (elviz101) which is muffled sounding and has unbalanced channels. It's your choice as to whether it's an upgrade.
Notable from this concert:
- Martin dedicates Somebody: "I've been asked to dedicate this one tonight, to Evonne from Daryl. And the message is, he loves you."
- Martin also sings "treat me like a dog" as Master And Servant begins. He sings this several times later in the song during the instrumental break (beginning at 3:04) as well.
- During Master And Servant at 3:49, the distorted "master" sample is quickly repeated several times. I don't know if this was intentional or if it is the fault of the recording somehow - there is no other source available for this concert.
- Dave dedicates Just Can't Get Enough: "This one is for an old friend of ours, and I hope he's wearing his wig tonight. This one's for Jo. This is Just Can't Get Enough!"
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [1:04] Play Intro
- [3:59] Play Something To Do
- [4:36] Play Two Minute Warning
- [3:55] Play Puppets
- [5:11] Play If You Want
- [4:13] Play People Are People
- [5:02] Play Leave In Silence
- [4:13] Play New Life
- [4:37] Play Shame
- [4:39] Play Somebody (*)
- [3:42] Play Ice Machine
- [5:14] Play Lie To Me
- [5:23] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [4:44] Play Told You So
- [5:11] Play Master And Servant
- [4:25] Play Photographic
- [6:05] Play Everything Counts
- [4:06] Play See You
- [3:51] Play Shout
- [5:05] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- Total time: 1:29:14
- low gen audience tape -> Nakamichi CR-4E cassette deck -> Sony PCM-M10 (24-bit/48khz) -> WAV (24/48) -> in Adobe Audition CC: normalized to -1.0dB and any DC bias removed, automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), normalized to -0.1dB -> WAV (24/48) -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.2 with its Resampler (SoX) component (best quality), tracked using cuesheet
- Transfer: fallenqueen
- auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 608MB