1984-12-14 Alsterdorf Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany/Source 1
A very good audience recording. There are some rather loud screamers / singers around the taper. "Shout" and "Just Can't Get Enough" are missing entirely. Ice Machine misses the ending and Lie To Me misses the first few seconds of the song, presumably due to tape flip (the fade between Somebody and Ice Machine was probably made for the 2xCD-R and isn't a real tape flip). A duplicated segment of audio during Photographic was removed, and a glitchy segment was patched using an alternate source. Speed and phase was corrected, and a ringing noise that was present for the first 45 minutes of the recording was cleanly eliminated. Clicks & pops were very loud in the right channel only, so I left the ... left channel alone and only applied click removal to the right. There can still be occasional clicks heard from the left channel, but they are not as distracting as the ones removed were. I left the hiss alone. Dave is very vocal to the audience during this concert, but his banter is hard to make out due to the reverberation of the venue.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [1:12] Play Intro
- [3:59] Play Something To Do
- [4:35] Play Two Minute Warning
- [3:54] Play Puppets
- [5:11] Play If You Want
- [4:13] Play People Are People
- [5:02] Play Leave In Silence
- [4:14] Play New Life
- [4:14] Play Shame
- [5:51] Play Somebody (*)
- [3:19] Play Ice Machine
- [5:24] Play Lie To Me
- [5:26] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [4:47] Play Told You So
- [5:14] Play Master And Servant
- [4:24] Play Photographic
- [6:06] Play Everything Counts
- [5:10] Play See You
- Total time: 1:22:16
- 2x cassette (unknown taper, equipment, and generation) -> unknown transfer -> 2xCD-R -> Exact Audio Copy (poor settings) -> in Adobe Audition CC 2014.1: duplicated audio during Photographic removed + glitched segment patched with alternate source, automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible), automatic click removal (heavy reduction, right channel only), notch filter @ 15,625hz at -18dB (Super Narrow, Ultra Quiet) for the first 45 minutes of the recording, entire recording slowed down 1.0% ("iZotope Radius" algorithm), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV -> tracked using Audacity 2.0.6 -> WAV tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.6
- Exact Audio Copy, auCDTectTaskManager logs, and bootleg artwork included
- Remastered and shared by DMLiveWiki on DIME December 13, 2014.
- Thanks to Wiecor for uploading his alternate source used for the patch.
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 522MB