1985-07-30 Torwar Hall, Warsaw, Poland/Source 4
An okay audience recording of the last gig of the SGR tour. It's fairly noisy and sounds sort of distant and echoey. This recording is from a different source than the commonly circulating complete version. This recording is less tinny and has more bass (although with some distortion), but it's not quite as clear as the complete recording I'd say.
Two Minute Warning is missing about 40 seconds of music during the middle of the song. New Life is missing nearly everything after the middle of the song due to tape flip, with only the very ending present on the B-side. Only half the concert was recorded, perhaps due to technical difficulties or tape time constraints.
I think this cassette was taped over a prerecorded cassette because you can hear the bassline of "Set Me Free (Remotivate Me)" throughout the two B-side tracks (Shame and Somebody) in the right channel, most noticeably and annoyingly during Somebody... and here I thought my tape deck was making the thumping noise until I recognized the beat!
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [0:45] Play Preshow
- [4:53] Play Something To Do
- [4:03] Play Two Minute Warning
- [3:53] Play Puppets
- [5:10] Play If You Want
- [4:12] Play People Are People
- [5:01] Play Leave In Silence
- [3:16] Play New Life
- [4:26] Play Shame
- [4:45] Play Somebody (*)
- Total time: 40:25
- unknown taper and equipment -> ... -> cassette (??? normal position cassette) -> Yamaha K-340 tape deck (no noise reduction setting) -> RCA -> ASUS Xonar DX -> Adobe Audition CS6 (32-bit / 192 khz) -> automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible), hiss reduction (12dB) -> WAV (32/192) -> tracks split via cuesheet to FLAC level 8 (24/48 using foobar2000 v1.2.6 and SoX Resampler plugin)
- Generation: unknown
- Transfer & mastering: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 206MB