1990-06-26 Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA/Source 2
A good audience recording. The first five tracks were not recorded. There is some distortion present, and some talkers are around the taper. Black Celebration is missing the first few seconds of the intro noise.
Some background information from the taper:
I am not the world’s biggest DM fan, but that summer I was working backstage at the venue. One or two of my co-workers and I went out onto the lawn to watch the show. I took my Sony cassette recorder with me, and I taped most of the show. I don’t remember why but we missed the first few songs. There were lots of people around us hooting and hollering and dancing as to be expected. Depending on the number of people who were partying around us, the quality ranges from poor to average. I’ve been sitting on this tape for years obviously.
I also have a strip of the film that was used to project the flower image onto the screen behind the stage (I found that in the trash after the concert). I also have what may be Dave Gahan’s autograph on the j-card for the audio cassette. The story is I worked backstage at the venue. After the show the band was having a wild, loud party in the dressing room. We were peon maintenance workers, and of course, not allowed in the party. But we dared one of my co-workers to go into the dressing room and get an autograph. He took my j-card and a sharpie and disappeared into the dressing room. A minute later he emerged with an autograph. He said it was Dave’s but I have no way to confirm that.
That J-card is included in this torrent fileset and also seen below.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:04] Play Master And Servant
- [6:53] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [5:54] Play Waiting For The Night
- [3:20] Play I Want You Now (*)
- [3:16] Play World Full Of Nothing (*)
- [6:11] Play Clean
- [6:24] Play Stripped
- [5:01] Play Policy Of Truth
- [7:31] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [4:54] Play Strangelove
- [5:41] Play Personal Jesus
- [4:30] Play Black Celebration
- [4:59] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:39] Play Behind The Wheel
- [4:02] Play Route 66
- Total time: 1:18:19
- 1980s Sony handheld cassette "corder" (unknown model) -> Sony UX Type II 90-minute cassette -> Sony TC-WE475 cassette deck -> Audacity 2.1.0 (WAV 16/48) -> Audacity 2.3.0 (trims and track splits, normalization to -1.0dB and any DC bias removed) -> WAV (16/48) -> FLAC level 8, 16/44 (SoX resampler)
- Taper: Pictureshow Radio
- Generation: Master
- Cassette J-card scan with Dave's autograph included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 464.40MB