1997-05-16 Shrine Exposition Hall, Los Angeles, CA, USA/Source 1
A very good soundboard recording of the second and final Ultra Party on Friday, May 16th, 1997. Two sources were used to complete the concert recording, detailed below.
Unaired interviews with Dave, interviewed by E! TV, and with Andy some time in 1993 are also included. Dave's interview is from the afternoon before the concert and the making of "Ultra" is discussed, as well as Dave's recovery and his feelings on performing sober on stage. Dave's interview had been uploaded here. Andy's interview is from November 1993 and he talks about the upcoming release of SOFAD Live, and the South African, Far East and South American legs of the Exotic tour as well as the then-uncertain US Summer Tour 94. Go to 1993-11-22 E! Entertainment Television, Los Angeles, CA, USA for that interview. If anybody has any further specifics about the interview such as who conducted the interview, please let us know via email at admin [at] depechemode-live [dot] com.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
Note that this stream does not include the interviews found in the torrent.
- [0:45] Play Preshow
- [1:17] Play Uselink
- [5:56] Play Barrel Of A Gun
- [5:29] Play Useless
- [4:11] Play It's No Good
- [5:58] Play Home
- [6:53] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [17:05] Play Dave Gahan E! Interview
- [16:55] Play Andrew Fletcher Interview
- Total time (including interviews): 1:04:29
- Source 1: E! TV recording, possibly pre-broadcast source, provides the core of the recording
- Source 2: MTV broadcast, likely a broadcast which was recorded, was used for the following:
- 45 seconds of pre-show DJ set music and the first 25 seconds of Uselink (crowd noise which looked lossy or had excessive noise reduction applied)
- About 35 seconds at the end of Home which was edited out on the E! version
- Entirety of Never Let Me Down Again - the E! version looked lossy or had excessive noise reduction applied; Dave's goodbyes and additional audience noise are retained from the E! version
- Dave's interview
- Source 3: E! TV recording, second or third gen VHS, likely a pre-broadcast source; used only for Andy's interview
- In Adobe Audition CC: sources phase corrected, source 2 amplified by +1.75dB on left channel where required, automatic click removal (heavy reduction), entire recording normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> FLAC level 8 (16/48) using FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit
- Rework by DMLiveWiki
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 272MB