1997-10-xx Recoil EPK, Mute Records
An interview with Alan Wilder by Pip Dann for the electronic press kit of Recoil's Unsound Methods. This EPK was released as video on VHS and as audio on CD.
The video was uploaded on YouTube by Recoil in 2007 (duration: 10:50 minutes):
For the promo CD, the answers were edited out. This audio file was then uploaded on Recoil's site (no longer online). Here are the questions that Pip Dann asked:
01. Firstly, can you tell us how the Recoil project came about?
02. So perhaps it wouldn't have become a full time thing if you hadn't left Depeche Mode?
03. So why did you leave Depeche Mode then?
04. How would you compare the working methods you employ now to how you've worked in the past?
05. What did you consider were the pros and cons of sticking with Recoil?
06. So, how does the music come together?
07. Do you ever get surprised by what you come out with ?
08. What would you say is the overriding mood of your music and where do you think it comes from?
09. How does this insinctive approach relate to your classical training?
10. Can you explain the role of your guest vocalists on this project?
11. So who did you use this to time around?
12. Isn't it a bit risky to use unknown people?
13. Siobhan Lynch sings on the first single 'Drifting', tell us more about her, and other singers?
14. What exactly werer you looking for from each of them, what were the guidlines?
15. Perhaps you could tell us about some of themes?
16. Where did the title come from and how does it relate to the end results?
17. Do you keep up with the current music scene?
18. Would you ever consider writing music for a soundtrack?
19. People say you have a trademark sound. Can you describe what you think it is?
20. How do you approach the question of sampling. What's your view on it?
21. Is making music a kind of therapy for you?
22. How do you plan to promote this project?
- Duration: 17:42 minutes