1998-09-05 Olympiski, Moscow, Russia/Source 3
Decent soundboard audio of the first three tracks of the concert, which is typical for press footage. Some audio of the support act, Purity, as well as Tim Simenon DJing, is also present. The audio is mono and has a strange echo or reverb effect; to me it sounds like it's bleed-through from a regular microphone.
You can find the video this audio is sourced from at Source 2.
I bought this tape from a UK collector on eBay. He says it's a second-generation VHS copy originating from a Russian TV station's Betacam master. This particular TV station would reuse the original Betacam tape after making the news report, so the collector's TV contact made a Betacam copy for himself and later made this VHS copy for him, so this is a second generation tape.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:16] Play Support Acts
- [3:37] Play Painkiller
- [4:25] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:34] Play World In My Eyes
- Total time: 17:51
- original Betacam from a Russian TV station -> first generation private Betacam copy -> second generation Panasonic SP E180 VHS tape -> Philips VR 1000 SVHS PAL VCR (high-end JVC rebadge), built-in line time base corrector enabled -> S-Video -> DataVideo TBC-1000 frame time base corrector -> S-Video -> ATI Radeon 9600XT All-In-Wonder capture card -> VirtualDub (720x576 HuffYUV lossless capture, 16-bit 48khz LPCM audio capture via stereo RCA cable connected directly to computer's Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card line in) -> audio demuxed; in Adobe Audition CC 2015: audio normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, exported to WAV 16/48 -> FLAC level 8 (16/48)
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Generation: second
- VHS photos and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 48KHz - 96.27MB