1998-09-07 SKK Indoor Arena, St. Petersburg, Russia/Source 3
Great quality video, and good audio considering it's from a camera mic. This video's a bit unusual. The tracks up to "Walking In My Shoes" are shot in the audience toward the front of the stage. "A Question Of Time" is mostly shots of the crowd, and "World In My Eyes" still has a lot of crowd shots but it has more footage of Dave singing. Starting with "Walking In My Shoes", the video appears to be shot from the mixing desk. I think the audio is camera audio throughout, since even when the camera is at the mixing desk area you can clearly hear audience screaming and cheering. There are cuts within and between songs; I don't think any single track is a complete recording, but "A Question Of Lust", "Home", and "Condemnation" are close to being complete. "In Your Room" is missing approximately the last minute of the song.
I bought this tape from a UK collector on eBay. He says it's a first-generation VHS copy originating from a Russian TV station's Betacam master.
You can watch this entire recording below.
- A Question Of Time
- World In My Eyes
- Never Let Me Down Again
- Walking In My Shoes
- Only When I Lose Myself
- A Question Of Lust (*)
- Home (*)
- In Your Room
- Total time: 35:55
- Video specifications: H.264 High Profile, 720x556 (display resolution), 3,761 kb/s, 25FPS
- Audio specifications: WAV PCM 16-bit 48kHz
- Lineage: original Betacam from a Russian TV station -> first generation unknown brand VHS tape -> Philips VR 1000 SVHS PAL VCR (high-end JVC rebadge), built-in line time base corrector enabled -> S-Video -> DataVideo TBC-1000 frame time base corrector -> S-Video -> ATI Radeon 9600XT All-In-Wonder capture card -> VirtualDub (720x576 HuffYUV lossless capture, 16-bit 48khz LPCM audio capture via stereo RCA cable connected directly to computer's Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card line in) -> AVI container -> 18 pixels of overscan edges masked from the bottom of the video using VirtualDub 1.10.4 64-bit -> AVI container -> video and audio demuxed -> in Audacity 2.1.2: audio normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, exported to WAV 16/48 -> video encoded to H.264 (Handbrake), "Super HQ" profile, MKV container -> video & audio muxed to MKV, chapters added
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki (https://www.depechemode-live.com)
- Generation: first
- VHS photos and auCDtectTaskManager log included
Screenshots & tape photos
- Download via torrent - Matroska MKV file - 1.33GB