1982-03-24 Trinity Hall, Hamburg, Germany/Source 1
A very good audience recording, and a massive upgrade over the previously circulating lossless version which had tons of distortion, noise, and no dynamic range. This must be a fairly low gen tape. I used the previous source to complete 3 small missing segments:
- 20 seconds at the beginning of Shout (Technical Issues); since the song fades in on the tape, the patch is also very quiet to match the volume of the beginning of the tape
- 3 seconds during the restarted Shout at "and I think that she knew her lines / break ..."
- 15 seconds near the end of Ice Machine - "... our feet / the dancing feet, the dancing feet"
I hope the poor quality of the patches is not too objectionable.
There were some technical tape issues during Shout and the band restarted the song. Tora! Tora! Tora! is missing the first few seconds just like the previous version, probably due to a tape flip. I Like It is incomplete, missing about half the song. "Television Set" may not have been played due to the technical difficulties encountered throughout the concert.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [5:17] Play Shout (Technical Issues)
- [4:30] Play Shout
- [2:08] Play I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
- [2:47] Play Boys Say Go!
- [3:32] Play Puppets
- [3:59] Play See You
- [4:04] Play Big Muff
- [3:10] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [3:48] Play Ice Machine
- [3:56] Play New Life
- [2:59] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- [3:09] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [3:45] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [4:10] Play What's Your Name?
- [7:30] Play Photographic
- [3:52] Play Dreaming Of Me
- [1:18] Play I Like It
- Total time: 1:03:44
- Lineage: unknown taper and equipment -> unknown generation -> BASF Chrome Extra II 60 cassette -> Sony TC-WE805S cassette deck (azimuth adjusted) -> RCA to 3.5mm cable -> Tascam DR-2d (line-in at 85 percent, 24/48) -> in Adobe Audition CC: automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), normalized to -1.0dB and any DC bias removed, patches from second source added -> WAV (32/48) -> slowed down by 3.0% using Audacity 2.0.5, notch filters around 15khz to remove ringing noises -> WAV (32/48) -> FLAC (16/44) using foobar2000 v.1.3 and its Resampler (SoX) plugin at best quality & FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit; tracked using cuesheet
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki on January 11, 2014
- Cassette tape photos and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 380MB