2005-12-11 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA, USA/Source 1
A flawless pre-FM soundboard recording. There is not a whole lot of dynamic range, unfortunately, but the quality still bests the various FM broadcast recording variants.
The first three tracks are performed in a somewhat stripped down, acoustic format, similar to several other tracks performed during DM's last performance at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in 1998. Peter Gordeno plays bass during Personal Jesus and Walking In My Shoes.
There are backing tape issues encountered at the start of I Feel You, and the song was restarted after a couple moments. This concert had the first performance of Shake The Disease since 1990 and in a new acoustic format, although Martin played it on his 2003 solo tour in an acoustic format.
Chris Martin of Coldplay, who peformed immediately before Depeche Mode, said prior to their last song: "Please enjoy Depeche Mode and give them the respect they deserve as one of the forefathers of modern times".
A good audience recording from this concert can be found at Source 2.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [5:20] Play Personal Jesus
- [5:13] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [5:29] Play Precious
- [5:02] Play I Want It All
- [5:08] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:09] Play The Sinner In Me
- [3:05] Play I Feel You (technical issues)
- [7:17] Play I Feel You
- [3:36] Play John The Revelator
- [5:18] Play Behind The Wheel
- [8:41] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [5:00] Play Shake The Disease (*)
- [7:15] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- Total time: 1:11:33
- Pre-FM CD -> ripped to WAV (unknown ripping tool) -> equalization (unknown specifics) -> FLAC
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 495.68MB